Monday 8 June 2015

Something different - The Back-End Blasters

I'll admit that I am mostly a fantasy sort of guy, but occasionally, I get hit with urges to do other stuff. To that end, I have, over the years, accumulated a pile of *other* stuff, that's mostly unpainted.
Well, it's one of those times. I've got a hankering for some small-scale scifi or cyberpunk skirmish gaming, and thus have fished out a couple of minis to paint up.
Meet the Back-End Blasters:




These are a pair (for now) of Bounty Hunters, travling the outskirts of the galaxy, and making their living by blasting scum.

The Crooked Vulture, of an avian race, is an expert gunner. His people have allways had a particularly good eyesight, but this guy is a sharpshooter above and beyond that.
 The plan is to use these guys, at first, to try out Alien Encounter: Bounty (or AE: Bounty for short), a rulebook I bought some time last year, but haven't had the minis to play.
Later, I'll propably segway into using Pulp Alley, since I've just ordered that, and do some Rogue Trader-ish scenarios. Very much inspired by Sho3box' stuff over here. But that is all in the future. For now, these guys are painted,which is nice. Always a good thing when the leadpile shrinks a bit.

Space Girl, she calls herself. She ruthlessly persecutes any criminal with a bounty on their head. With her custom blaster and armoured space suit, she excells at mid-range firefights.
The birdman is from CP models - A ridiculous miniature that I greatly enjoy. I have another one sitting on my desk, basecoated, so I can make a squad.

Space Girl is from Black Hats Cobalt line. There's some great stuff in there too. The huge bubblehelmet with the large visor just does it for me. The visor allowed me to get a bit creative and experiment, which is always nice.

Thanks for reading!
~Affun

No comments:

Post a Comment