Saturday 8 August 2015

Bits and bobs


 I needed a break with the Frostgrave stuff, so I broke out som eof my 25mm Fantasy again. It's always nice to paint a knight, especially when its one of the lovely ex-citadel ones from foundry.



I've painted this guy as a vaguely historical Knight Hospitalier, as I find the Black and White scheme to be very striking. It'd be nice to do a unit of these, but I only have 3 of them with the correct helmet. The rest of the foot knights have great helmets, which I think fits more with general nobility and "french"-ish knights. Still, I might just paint them up in the same way.

When this guy was done, I turned to another neglected project: A standard bearer for my 25mm stuff.
Another thing I've wanted to try out for quite a bit. The miniature is a Metal Magic Palladin, from Midlam Miniatures, with his halberd snipped off and replaced by a wirespear. Quick and easy conversion.
The banner was a learning experience: I made a couple of mistakes, that show in the end. I should have used better paper and a sharper knife, or scissors, to cut it out. That way I might have avoided the frayed edges. Still, it looks nice at an arms length.


This is of course all part of my devious scheme to unite my various fantasy warbands into an "army" of sorts. I've even ordered some movement trays that I eagerly await the arrival of.

Thats all for now. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment