Wednesday 10 August 2016

Maraudin'

In a barren pass, a warband of chaos fights its way through an orc ambush.
I am slowly working away at a proper chaos retinue, inspired ye' olde Path of Glory. Its a theme I find myself returning to continously. Warbands of crazed followers of dark gods, mutated with barely understood eldritch magic running trough their veins and battling for a faint chance of eternal glory, their ultimate fate most likely being madness... that's some cool imagery, and quite fertile grounds for modelling projects. 

I've got a new camera, which means I can finally take clear photos again. It also means I have to learn how to work it properly, though: All of these pictures are a bit washed out because of that.

I have a few models to catch up with showing. Thus, the following chaos marauder conversion:
"Death or Glory!"
The miniature is a bit of a proof of concept: Since actual 80'ies citadel marauders/thugs are sorta expensive on the ebay, I've been harbouring thoughts of converting the superficially similar gladiators of either Foundry or Crusader Miniatures. The above is the first finished result of that. He's from this pack.
I think it turned out pretty well! I have a few more on the workbench that I'll hopefully be painting over the following days.

He's also the result of me finally getting my hands on a set of Vallejo Game Colour Ink Washes, and using a heavy tinting/under-painting technique, that I am quite in love with at the moment.
The following model is also painted primarily this way:


Orcebusier, heh.
It's one of the Wargames Foundry Mercenary Orcs (now available through Warmonger Miniatures). Quite ridiculous but characterful miniature, that I've had around for an age. He seemed too intimidating, with all of the crazy detail, to paint, but I finally powered through with my new inks fresh in hand. Looking forward to unleashing him next time I get a chance to game.

Thats all for now. Thanks for reading.

~Affun

Though the goblin did catch a glimpse of a gunbarrel, none of his fellows listened before it was way too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment