Sunday 8 May 2016

If in doubt, apply more knight!

So I've finally managed to snap some pics of something I've painted again. They are rather poor, as my camera is just that - The only way of taking pictures available to me right now is my busted up old iPhone 3g's camera.
Still, I thought I'd update the blog, especially since I am quite happy with how the minis turned out.

First up is the (now) alternate frostgrave Knight sculpt. I have it from back in the first Nickstarter where it was a freebie:
Sir Einar Fiskersøn


A not very wealthy knight, given his tittle during the crusades and now wandering the land seeking adventure and treasure.

The mini itself is 'decent' I'd say: For some reason it's a LOT bigger than the rest of the frostgrave miniatures. Almost a head larger. But he is meant to be a knight, so the large stature sort of works out. Apart from that, it's a pretty generic 'dude-in-chainmail' miniature, Quite relaxing to paint though. Not too much fuzz or hassle, so I could spend my energy on the heraldry and the cloak.
His face is sculpted sort of asymmetrically, though, but its not really noticeable once he's painted.
Very happy with how he turned out though. I might try and make him a squire at some point, if I can get my hands on a suitable model.

Next up I painted this Gripping Beast germanic warrior:


A quick paintjob, about 1½ hour total. He was painted up to fill in a spot in my SoBH chaos warband (more about that in another post), which explains the face shield.
I think he looks suitably ominous. If I were to do more "realistic", or historically inspired, chaos warriors, I'd certainly go for this sort of look (which is suitable, as roving germanics seem to be part of the inspiration for the chaos warrior in the first place)

I really enjoy the groundedness of the miniature, and have a couple more GB miniatures on their way in the post. Good stuff.

Thanks for reading!
~Affun


No comments:

Post a Comment